There are two approaches we will take:
Existing roof removal down to the decking
Upon roof removal, we will inspect the remaining surface and replace any rotten plywood.
We will install felt paper, ice shield, new pipe collars, an aluminum drip edge, and rewrap and/or flash your chimney. Based upon our recommendations and your decisions during the free estimate process, we can also make any roof ventilation improvements (such as a ventilator fan or a ridge vent).
After installing your new shingles, we will even clean and tighten all of the gutters attached to the roof edge!
New roof installation over the existing single layer of roof
We can also overlay a new roof over your existing single layer of roofing.
The main benefits of applying this second layer are:
- Your roof replacement costs are greatly reduced
- Your roof gets two layers of protection against the elements
Not all local building codes accept this practice, but most do. And your roof must have a relatively smooth, even surface (we will either remove or nail down any curled or broken shingles).
Upon your final approval of the work plan and estimate (and discussing roofing ventilation options as described above), we will install new pipe collars, rewrap and/or flash your chimney, attach an aluminum edge drip, and make any vent or fan improvements you have requested.
We work as cleanly, quietly, and affordably as possible
This is your home — you live in it and have respect for your neighbors. We understand that we are a disruption to your everyday life, and we try our best to be good guests while at — and on! — your house.
Better Roofs assures you that we will always:
- Protect your home’s walls, shrubs, trees, lawn, and landscaping
- Arrive cleanly and professionally dressed
- Work as quietly as possible, never using radios or shouting to each other
- Keep debris in neat piles and remove it at day’s end (recycling what we can)
- Do our very best to provide high quality workmanship & materials
- Price fairly — never adjusting upwards due to neighborhood or perceived income
Ready to start your roof replacement project?
For a free estimate, either complete the form to the right, or contact us today! We will arrange a convenient time to meet you at your home. Upon your approval, we will obtain all building permits required for the job by your township. You will find Better Roofs to be a no-pressure, dependable resource for all residential and commercial roofing needs.